Monday, May 11, 2009

Help w/ comparing/contrasting essay on Charly and Flowers for Algernon!?

I've got a compare and contrast essay due about the 1968 movie Charly, directed by Ralph Nelson, and the book Flowers for Algernon, written by Daniel Keyes. I have lots of differences, but the only similarities I have are the basic storyline and characters. Aside from that, I'm stumped. I was hoping that someone out there has read the book and seen the movie that could please help me out. Thanks!

Help w/ comparing/contrasting essay on Charly and Flowers for Algernon!?
Well, you could list that Charlie was similar in that he was always REALLY kind and loved Algernon, He lived alone, He loved his teacher (sorry, I forgot her name), and (you don't have to use this one because it's more of an opinion) Charlie seemed a lot smarter in the movie than in the book before the treatments. In the book he seemed much much much more incapable and I didn't even understand why they would have him living on his own.





I hope I helped a little. You might be able to incorporate a few of those. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment